This blog is best viewed using Firefox

Goin’ To the Chapel  

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cameron and I were walking out of the grocery store and he said, "Mommy, I am going to marry Mikaela."


 

"You can't marry Kaela, it's against the rules."


 

"And you will marry Daddy," he said as we crossed the parking lot.


 

"I already married Daddy."


 

"And I will marry Kaela."


 

"You can't marry Kaela, it's against the rules. You can marry Maddie," I said cautiously. We've always thought that the two neighbors would think this idea gross and consider themselves more like brother and sister than anything icky like linking them romantically. I didn't want to put any pressure on their 4 year old friendship. Being 4 is tough enough.


 

"Yeah! I will marry Maddie."


 

"Or you can marry Sophia."


 

"No, Sophia is too little for me to marry, but Kaela can marry Sophia."


 

"Um," and I thought to myself...maybe if people get their heads on straight because who are we to judge? Wouldn't it be nice if by that time people would be a little more tolerant of others? Maybe just because you or your religion doesn't believe that marriage between same sex couples is acceptable, maybe people can realize that doesn't give them the right to dictate what marriage means to others. Yes, Cameron, Kaela could marry Sophia if they so choose.


 

And then Cam says "...because Kaela and Sophia are the same size!"


 

"Uh, yes, they are the same size..."

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


1 comments: to “ Goin’ To the Chapel

  • Anonymous
    February 13, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

    Unfortunately I'm sure that some have married for worse reasons. This logic seems fairly sound to me. Imagine the kicking wardrobe they could have if they only had to buy for one.....

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster