This blog is best viewed using Firefox

For Kristie  

Thursday, February 21, 2008

One more post for the day and then I'm out:

A while back, I mentioned my friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She's fighting it with everything she's got, and while she has been thrown a few curve balls, she stays optimistic and strong at all times.

My heart aches every time I read an entry from her and what she is going through (on her website). She never talks about the "poor me's", while having every right to, but she does talk about her f*ck cancer hat she wore the night she shaved her head. She does talk about the poison soldiers that are fighting her battle inside her body, the upcoming chemo, the surgery, and the new set of ladies she'll be sporting.

I feel helpless, and I hate helpless. I can't take it all away from her, but I am trying to do what I can. I'll be joining her team in Pittsburgh on Mother's Day to walk for her and every other woman that is fighting (has fought) breast cancer. If you would like to pledge your support, I would be forever grateful for helping me to do something.

You can access my page here, or for more information read below:

Dear Friends and Family,

I recently accepted the challenge to raise funds to support the Komen
Pittsburgh Race for the Cure® on May 11, 2008 in the fight
against breast cancer. One in eight women will be diagnosed with
breast cancer in her lifetime and the more we raise, the more the
Komen Pittsburgh Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure can
give back to fund vital breast cancer education, screening and
treatment programs in our own community and support the national
search for a cure.

Click here to visit my personal page and pledge your support.

Please join me in the fight by pledging in support of my participation
in the Race or contributing generously to the Komen Pittsburgh Race for
the Cure®. Your tax-deductible contribution will fund innovative
outreach and awareness programs for medically underserved communities
in Komen Pittsburgh and national breast cancer research. It is faster and
easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make a donation
online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message.
If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible
contribution to the address listed below. Whatever you can give will
help! I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my
progress.

Thank you so much for your time and support in the fight against
breast cancer! Every step counts
!

Sincerely,

Melanie

If you prefer to mail in your contribution, please mail to:
Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure
1133 South Braddock Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15218
Please identify that your donation is in support of my participation.

More information on the Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure® and its programs can be found at http://www.pittsburghraceforthecure.org/index.html

Whatever you can give will help it all adds up! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

To donate online on my behalf online click here



THANK YOU!!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ For Kristie

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster