This blog is best viewed using Firefox

It's my blog. I can cry if I want to.  

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm in a slump--and who wouldn't be? We had a full week of a stomach virus, me included. A week of water, crackers, and cereal. Right on the tail end of that virus, before it even had time to give us it's last little kick, we all started with a cold. We are on day 9 or 10 of no sleep. It's really getting old. I'm exhausted, Kyle's exhausted, the kids are exhausted and miserable. I'm tired of being tired. I can't even retreat for a long, hot shower because our plumbing is leaking. The plumbers can get here on Thursday--for a very hefty charge. I'm sitting here trying to plan some meals so we can eat real food and at least pretend to feel normal, but I'm feeling...blah.

OK, that's about all the feeling sorry for myself I'm going to allow. I'm the first one to say "if you're not happy with something--change it". While these things are largely out of my control maybe if I try to do something about it I'll feel a little relief. Round the clock vitamin surges? Energy boosts? Sitting on my butt and relaxing? Yes!

I also have to mention that all has not been doom and gloom. Our next door neighbors, whom we don't know all that well, cooked and dropped off a warm and delicious dinner of chicken and dumplings, salad, and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. It was one of the nicest things anyone has done for us. It was just what we needed when we needed it. They probably think it's not that big of a deal, but just that small thing made a big difference. It was the first full meal we had had in a week. It was warm and full of good things to give us energy and at the same time feel comforted.

Well, if I'm going to do something I guess I should stop blogging and start doing. Here I go...right now...off to put things back together...here I go...not feeling sorry for myself any longer...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster