This blog is best viewed using Firefox

oh what a week  

Friday, January 16, 2009

It all started late Saturday night. It was a quiet cough, but the "WAAAAH" that came afterwards told me this was for real. I didn't even get into her room and I knew. But to tell you the truth, something about that cough--maybe it was a motherly premonition, but I knew before I even went downstairs. No, I know what it was! You know that they say moms can tell what their babies want by their cry? It's finally kicked in! After 2 1/2 years, I finally got it! Yes, Kaela puked. And then several more times and several more bed and pj changes. And so it began....the week of bodily fluids.

We've been a pathetic bunch. The kids both had it, then me, and Kyle with some mild symptoms some of which (of his own admission) may have been hypochondriac-istic. You love it when I make up words. I have been on a diet of saltine crackers (hold the salt) and cheerios. Today, I had real food. But only once. And the worst of it all? the puking--no, the diarrhea--no, the caffeine withdrawal headache! So much so that I decided to take the stomach ache hit and drink the caffeine. At least the stomach ache goes away...eventually. The headache does not.

While my wild and crazy bunch slew their fluids all over the place, our plumbing decided to revolt. Such timing. We noticed a foul smell in the living room (to which Kyle blamed the kids! Ok, usually it is them, but this time it was really awful). Upon checking the dark and gloomy basement, yep there's a leak or blockage or something bad going on. Yea us.

And then the peanut butter recall? Actually, for us it was about the cheese cracker peanut butter filled "stop sale". Yes, our staple? Oh, so maybe it's not a virus and it's just salmonella. GREAT. Same symptoms, really and loads of fun just the same.

Tonight I should be hanging out with the girls in Pgh. Kristie's baby shower is tomorrow and I had arranged a weekend back and meeting up with friends, but since I just ate the first real food since Monday I didn't think it was a great idea. That and the 12+ inches of snow falling on route. Maybe I'll get there tomorrow...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ oh what a week

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster