This blog is best viewed using Firefox

Oh Mr Sun, Sun, Mr Golden Sun  

Friday, February 6, 2009

Cameron has always been a great sleeper. He wasn't one of those crazy, nice babies that slept through the night at 6 weeks (or 6 months) but he would go to sleep fairly easily and wake up happy. He has always taken great naps. He will even still indulge me with some afternoon sleep a few times a week. However, he has acquired that atrocious habit that most 4 year olds torment their parents with in the morning, "is it time to get up?" Although his statement is more like, "MOMMY! DADDY! It's time to get up!"

My mom came to visit last week and slept on the couch, which happens to be right outside Cameron's room. Now before you think I am awful for making my mother sleep on the couch, let me explain the set up. Then I'll get to the point--I promise. First of all, I have no guest room and it's a little bit more annoying than I thought it would be when we moved from our 4 bedroom house. My brother, his wife, and my baby niece were all crammed into Mikaela's room. They loved sleeping in a princess bed--and who wouldn't?! Mikaela slept in Cameron's room and my mom enjoys sleeping on the couch for two reasons. One: she gets a feather bed spread out over the couch and the ottoman so it's like a double, and then she gets the down comforter over her; secondly, Cameron comes out of his room and snuggles her in the morning. She particularly loves it when he touches her neck with his icy, cold fingers. She told me so. Don't cry for her, Argentina.

We started talking to Cameron about "when Mr. Sun is out then you can get up" because it's still dark here for some time in the morning. Cameron comes out of his room now and says, "Mr Sun is out--time to get up!" Or, "is Mr Sun out?" or "where is Mr Sun?" Now, I know there are remedies to this and I think I have heard quite a few involving an alarm clock and setting it for an appropriate time to get up...etc etc but I haven't gotten around to it.

But then I saw this: Good Nite Lite. It's a moon! and a Mr Sun! and it tells Jr when to get up...and it's $35!! yikes. But maybe Ya Ya would like to sleep in a little next time she visits?

Oh, and Kaela could use one, too.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster