This blog is best viewed using Firefox

back in the saddle  

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kyle had a play date with Shiny's husband today. They devised a scheme (ok, not really a scheme) to borrow a truck, go to a guy's apple orchard who was selling the wood super cheap, and start loading up. Both of our households have run out of wood for the winter, and although this batch isn't seasoned we are all hoping to get some use out of it this year and definitely next. They are looking at 13 cords of wood--at least. (don't I sound all rugged?) That's a whole lot of wood. Normal fireplace users burn about 2 cords of wood a year. We've already burned through 5 this year. Yep, that's a lot of wood.

While the boys earned their keep, Shiny and I had a breakfast play date that lasted all day. Listen, I knew I liked her before, but when she called me up and said, "come on over in your pj's" I wanted to tattoo her name on my butt. I explained how I used to crawl into bed with my college roomies after a long hard night of drinking. We would try to piece together the happenings of the prior evening, but pretty much it was all about laying around in bed all day having some girl time. I so miss that. Being a somewhat responsible adult, this is probably as close as I'm going to get to that while still tending to my children. Needless to say, we had a blast. What did we do? Nothing. What did we talk about? Not really anything, but everything. It was awesome.

Luckily, she puts up with my kids and I absolutely adore hers. I could possibly eat them up for dessert. And I think that I can say that the feeling might be mutual, as somebody saved some kisses for me as I walked in the door.

Shiny is a scrapper and she showed me her super cute handy dandy rolley suitcase supply thingy. (still getting a handle on the lingo). And her pages. Just seeing the cute stuff someone else has done inspires me to get working--again. So, tonight I fulfilled my obligation to scrap some of the current events. Unfortunately, my mouse wasn't cooperating so one page that I almost completed has a few finishing touches that need to be made, but I posted the other two on my family album slideshow on the right.

Oh! I think an email from Amanda just came through. A "Get it Done" night...I might actually get on a roll here!

Last thought: on the right hand side I added a feed from Twitter. I decided to use this as my toddler quote section. When I worked in daycare, the majority of time I worked with 2-3 yr olds. They were always saying the funniest things and I used to write it down for their parents. I vowed to always take note of the funny things my kids say, and this blog was to serve that purpose. Sometimes, there's just not enough there to write a whole post, so I figured this way I could get in a couple good lines but not feel committed to write a whole story about it. Anyway, I think that stuff can get kinda boring for other people who don't necessarily know how outstandingly cute, yet mischievous my kids are.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ back in the saddle

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster