This blog is best viewed using Firefox

ahh kids  

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cameron has gotten into somewhat of a sneaky stage lately. He knows what he is doing is wrong (or more accurately, not allowed) but he does it anyway. A few minutes ago I caught him with half of a box of wipes in his hand, cleaning the floor. While I will accept any help I can get in the cleaning area, the reaction to me catching him is what really upset me. The look on his face said, "Oh shhh... I'm in trouble." He went to timeout--not for the wipes, but for doing something he knew was wrong. We had a little talk and he seemed to get it. But, ya never know with those sneaky 4 year olds.

Cameron is now on the task of cleaning up our big box of coloring supplies. They accidentally fell on to the floor--no big deal--and he is putting them back. He came up to me in the kitchen and asked for a cloth. I asked, "what for?" He paused, looked up at me, sighed and said, "I just need to clean off my hand." With that, he reluctantly held up his hand with his fingers pressed together. I saw bright, red marker all over it. Apparently he thought he was going to get in trouble, but instead of trying to hide it or take care of it himself he decided to own up to it and suffer the consequences. I'm sure you know that I would be more likely to draw with the marker all over my own face rather than be upset with him for getting dirty. All I could do was give him a big smile, a bigger hug, and tell him that I love him. And go finish cleaning up before I turn 70.


note: I am standing in my kitchen writing this while it's fresh in my mind. The kids are supposed to be cleaning up. Cameron just came in saying that Kaela hit him and I can hear her crying. I walked into the dining room to see what was going on and she was sitting in our time out area. I said, "did you put yourself in time out?" She said, "yes" I said, "oh, because you weren't being nice?" And with that she turned herself around on her little bum, looked into the corner and said, "don't talk to me". I'll say it again...ahhh, kids. Did I mention both refused to nap today? Big surprise, right?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


0 comments: to “ ahh kids

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster